All about Biotin Hair Serum
A lustrous and shiny look can so much enhance your personality and boost up your self-confidence. Healthy and beautiful hair talks a lot about you. Glossy and shining crown always boost up your self-confidence and enhances your personality. Hair serum plays a very important role in hair care regime.
What is a Hair Serum?
A product which is designed to improve the texture and look of the hair. A silicone based liquid formula which often improves the quality of the hair by covering the hair surface externally. It adds shine, smoothness and volume to your hair. The silicone present in hair serum prevents hair loss and prevents hair breakage. The hair serum does not get absorbed by the hair cuticles and head surface, hence does not change the hair texture. It improves the hair growth, reduces frizz and protects the hair from sun from any kind of damage. It also helps in reducing hair loss and aids revitalization.
A good Hair Growth Serum can help you treat and reduce most of your hair problems. So, let’s understand how does Hair Serum works.
How does it work?
- Frizziness reduction- The formula present in Hair Serum helps to lock the moisture in the Hair Cuticle. The Hair serum can be used both on damp and dry hair. Ideally, it should be used on the damp hair. A small amount of serum should be applied after rubbing between the palms. Avoid using the serum on scalp.
- Shine to hair- Along with reducing the frizziness, Hair Serum also adds shine to your hair. The silicone present in hair serum can help in increasing the overall shine.
- Detangles hair- Dry hair gets tangled and ultimately are prone to breakage. Hair serum keeps them smooth and detangled resulting in less breakage.
- Protects against damage- There are different types of chemicals which damage the hair when used regularly. Hair Serum protects the hair from all the damages caused by the different types of chemical damages whether its styling of the hair or sun exposure or humidity.
- Smoothens Hair- The silicone in Hair Serum forms a layer on the Hair strands making them smooth and manageable.
- Helps in regrowth of Hair- The extracts present in the Hair serum helps in the regrowth of hair as it stimulates the hair follicles, which helps in regrowth of hair.
- Enhances Curls- Curly hair is hard to manage as it is difficult to keep them detangled. Hair serum keeps the curly hair detangled and manageable.
Common Ingredients in Hair serum
There is a list of few common ingredients which are present in almost every hair serum.
- Silicone: Hair serums consisting of Silicone like dimethicone, Cyclomethicone moisturizes your hair and also keep them healthy. Silicone cannot penetrate in the outer layer of the Hair so it does not create any harm to the Hair, instead it boosts the shine in the hair.
- Glycerin- It is used to create a protective barrier to the hair which protects the hair from heat styling
- Conditioning Agents- For smoothening and shine of the hair, the hair shaft needs moisturizing which is provided by the conditioning agents present in the hair serum.
- Fatty alcohols- The dehydrated and damaged hair are repaired by fatty alcohol like stearyl alcohol and acetyl alcohol present in Hair Serums.
- Thickening agents- Algae and algae extracts are the thickening agents used in the hair serums. They act as a water binding agent and increases the viscosity of the product.
The importance of Hair Growth serum for a Healthy head of Hair
Healthy hair is a reflection of good health. The Hair becomes damage and dry with the continuous use of harsh chemical products, over styling tools, and even the environmental factors like humidity, pollution and dust can scrape off the natural oil and shine from your hair leaving them dull and frizzy, which results in breakage and hair fall. Hair serums if used regularly, can give relief from hair loss, frizziness, repair of damaged hair and activating hair follicles for new hair growth.
How Serum promotes Hair Growth
There is a list of reasons which can cause hair loss. One of the major reasons for this is aging. As we age, the hair growth slows down and we lose more hair. With age, the hair follicles start producing less hair and this process continues to slow down.
Hair Growth serum contains active ingredients and are a type of topical treatment which promotes the hair growth. The hair growth serum is applied to the scalp to nourish the hair follicles. The ingredients which are known to promote the hair growth like vitamins minerals and plant extracts are present in the serum. If applied regularly, the hair growth serum can reduce the hair loss and promotes the growth of hair.
How to choose the serum for your hair?
A hair growth serum is the perfect way to increase the hair growth. It nourishes your scalp to promote the hair growth. It is important to choose the serum made up of natural ingredients. The serum should contain ingredients like Biotin, Zinc and vitamins and should be gentler to your scalp.
There are a lot of options while choosing the serum for you. Here are a few tips to pick the right hair growth serum for you.
- Hair type- Hair serums are formulated for different hair types. So always find a one which suits you. For example, if you have hair fall, look for the serum which promotes hair growth.
- Needs- Always use the hair serum based on your needs. The serum should always be chosen according to your hair type and the serum which strengthens your hair. Also, choose the hair serum which is compatible with your Shampoo and conditioner.
The best time to use Hair Serum
There is no specific time to use the hair serum. It is used generally after you shampoo and condition your hair. For the best results, serum should be applied in the damp hair instead of dry hair. Some Hair serums give best results in damp hair and some nourish and give volume when applied in dry hair. The Hair serum defiantly should be used before styling the hair to give the smooth and shinier hair.
How to use Hair serum for best results?
There are a few tips and tricks to get the best results from the use of the Hair serums:
- Avoid applying on the scalp
- Choose the one that suits you
- Should be compatible with your hair care products
- Don’t over use
- Apply on damp hair
- Apply on clean hair
- Avoid chemical-based serums
- Look for active ingredients for better results
Hair Serum Vs Hair Oil- which is more effective?
Hair serum and Hair oil nourish your hair effectively and help in keeping the hair healthy and shiny. Hair serums are light weight and keep the hair frizz free & manageable. On the other hand, hair oils are heavy but more effective in keeping the hair hydrated and prevents split ends.
Hair oil and hair serums both improve the condition of your hair, which ultimately results in best hair you can have.
These are the benefits of Hair serum for getting healthy and nourished Hair. Hair serums are packed with a list of amazing qualities which keep your hair health and growing. The super qualities of hair serum like protection of hair from sun damage, pollution, chemical treatments, making them shiny, smooth and manageable, it is a must have product in your daily hair care regime. If you are looking for a hair, make over, Hair serum is an ultimate choice.
So, go ahead and choose the best serum and flaunt your gorgeous hair.